Singapore is a fairly safe city but just like any major urban center, it has its own share of thieves. With that said, if you have very valuable items in your house or office, you should consider placing them in a secure storage space. This is especially true if you regularly leave your home or office for either personal or business trips. An unattended home is a ripe and easy target for thieves. The biggest benefit of renting storage space in Singapore is that you ensure the safety of your valuables at the fraction of the cost. You can leave your house and travel without any worries to bother you.
Now, there are quite several companies that offer storage space in Singapore. With that said, you should take the time to consider all of your options. Of course, you must take into account the type of valuables that you plan on storing. For instance, there’s no point in getting a huge storage room if you are planning to store small pieces of jewelry or gadgets. In a nutshell, choosing the right storage company is a decision you shouldn’t rush.
Characteristics of a Reliable Storage Space Provider
- Unlimited access to your valuables and other belongings. What does this mean? Well, you must be able to look at your belongings whenever you want. The storage space should run 24 hours and seven days a week. This enables you to check on your valuables whenever you need. It follows that the company should have the same security measures in place whether it’s night or day.
- The absence of a strict lock-in period. A lock-in period can be simply described as the period of time wherein you are required to place your valuables under the custody of the storage company. Needless to say, a lock-in period can be deemed impractical for a lot of items like jewelry and cash. Always keep in mind that most people don’t plan to store their valuables for long periods of time.
- Flexibility when it comes to the rental terms. The term negotiability can be used in this regard. A client should be able to negotiate the terms of the storage contract depending on the type and overall value of the belongings he wants to store. Not all items can be accorded the same rental fee. A high-value item needs more rigorous protection thus it also requires higher storage fees. That said, the storage company should be flexible when dealing with their customers.
- Several levels of security measures are put up to protect your valuables. It’s not enough that there’s a person manning the facility. This is only the first step in protecting the valuables within the storage warehouse. Other security measures like physical locks, CCTV cameras, and even biometric systems should be in place to make sure that no unauthorized person will attempt to enter the facility and steal some valuables.
- All your belongings should be insured. Usually, the case is that you get to choose the type of insurance you want to provide for your stored belongings. The storage company will show you your options and you get to choose the plan that you want. You should get insurance especially for high-value items because you never know what can happen to it. Even the most secure storage warehouses can be susceptible to disasters, either natural or man-made.
The bottom line here is that you should find a storage company that offers all of the perks discussed above. These are the most important features that every storage company must have. If a company looks good in all departments, then it’s probably the perfect company to handle your valuables.