Larry Lim is the Co-founder and Head of Sales & Marketing at SearchGuru – an online marketing agency with a presence in Singapore and Malaysia.
A civil engineer by training from NTU (Singapore), Larry has been consulting for close to 10 years now and is one of the first SEO/SEM consultants in the region.
– Built and sold several websites, including a YouTube downloader website which was reported in The Straits Times (Singapore) and several publications, and a Windows support website which was sold to American-based media company, iEntry.
– Consulted on a freelance basis at LarryLim.net on SEO and AdWords, for clients such as SPH, M1, iProperty.com, Knight Frank, Popular and Nasdaq-listed PGi.
– Single-handedly optimized and ranked SPH’s ST701.com portal for competitive keywords like jobs, cars, property and classifieds.
– Spoke in online marketing events and CMO seminars alongside industry leaders from Yahoo, Nokia and Microsoft. Wrote for several issues of Marketing magazine on Search Engine Marketing.
– Provided training and support to agencies such as Edelman/Zeno and Locus-T. Conducted free 3-hour SEO/SEM classes to attendees from GUESS, BP Castrol, Canon and IBM.
– Co-founded SearchGuru with YC Ng in Malaysia and Singapore, and grew the team from 4 to 14 people and revenue by 300% in 2 years. Today, our clients include AirAsia, UOB Bank, PropertyGuru, Eu Yan Sang and Times Bookstore.
– Google AdWords ad spend under management grew by 100x to over S$1m a month in the 2 years.